I an the strongest and bravest of all the Geats. My father was once a great and mighty hero as well. I am a loyal follower to the king of Geatland. My goal is to hold the title of the greatest hero of all time by wiping threats off the face of the Earth one by one.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Battle With Grendel

Heorot's mead hall had been empty for twelve long years for fear that Grendel would attack. He was a terrible fiend whom no one could defeat. I took it upon myself to travel to Heorot and see what I could do for them. I brought fourteen brave men with me to stand by my side.
When we arrived on the shores of Denmark, we were greeted by one of King Hrothgar's men. He feared that we were there to cause harm, but I hurriedly reassured him that we had arrived in peace. I told the guard of our business in their land, and he lead me to Hrothgar.
After speaking with the king, I explained my plan. Just my men and I stayed the night in the mead hall pretending to sleep while awaiting Grendel's attack. Late in the night, he finally arrived. He was without weapons, so I decided to make it a fair fight. I too did not use weapons of any kind. Also, I fought him alone.My strength and bravery was unlike any man he had ever faced. Grendel, the horrible demon, was afraid.Leaving him mortally wounded, he returned to his cave to die. I hung his arm in the mead hall as a reminder of my victory.