I an the strongest and bravest of all the Geats. My father was once a great and mighty hero as well. I am a loyal follower to the king of Geatland. My goal is to hold the title of the greatest hero of all time by wiping threats off the face of the Earth one by one.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Final Battle

As a loyal follower of my leader and king Hygelac, I gave most of my treasure to him upon my return. Once Hygelac and his son are deceased, he assumes the throne of Geatland.
After reigning on the throne for fifty long and thriving years, another mishap occurred. A thief disturbed a ancient dragon's mound where he lived to guard a great collection of treasure. This dishonest act infuriated the dragon and it had every intention of letting that fact be known. It began to unleash it's fiery rage upon the Geats. Acknowledging the fact that age was no longer on my side, I set out to destroy the dragon.
My cousin, Wiglaf, accompanied me on the treacherous adventure. When we had made it to the cave, the battle began. I was no longer the extraordinary fighter I had been in my younger years. The dragon had the upper hand from the very beginning. Regardless, I fought to the best of my abilty.
Amidst my effort, the dragon managed to bite me in the neck and the venom was just too strong. Nonetheless, with Wiglaf's help, the dragon was defeated. That truly had been my final battle. I handed my kingship over to my faithful cousin, knowing he'd take care of my people.