I an the strongest and bravest of all the Geats. My father was once a great and mighty hero as well. I am a loyal follower to the king of Geatland. My goal is to hold the title of the greatest hero of all time by wiping threats off the face of the Earth one by one.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Grendel's Mother

Obviously bitter of her son's demise, Grendel's mother was thirsty for revenge. In her fury, she murdered one of Hrothgar's most trusted advisers then went back to her lair .To avenge his death, a company of Danes and my men accompanied me to her swampland. Once again I was set up to battle.
I dove into her underwater lair carrying only Unferth's sword and wearing a mail shirt. I met many unpleasant sea monsters along the way. That, plus being underwater, gave the mighty water witch the upper hand. Just when I began to lose hope, she carried me to the bottom of her lair into a hall. I found a magical sword made by giants and used that to my advantage. I chopped off the mighty water witch's head with the giant's sword.
While in the lair, I saw Grendel's body. Before emerging, I cut off his head to give to Hrothgar as a prize. I retrieved Hrunting and began swimming toward land to claim my victory.
Having grown tired and worried that I had been killed, the Danes had returned to Heorot. My men remained and were full of joy when I surfaced. We too returned to Heorot where Hrothgar and his people rejoiced for my return. For the first time in a long time, the Danish people could stop living in fear of treacherous monsters.